The artistic lighting on the bridge emphasizes the details of the structural elements that the bridge is built of. The Supreme Court building was inaugurated in 1992. According to its architects Ada and Ram Carmi, the two prominent elements in the Supreme Court's design are the straight line that symbolizes the law and the circle that symbolizes justice. The pedestrian bridge passing from one side of the arch to the other side is painted by subtle lighting that creates together with the round key, a new image for the familiar bridge.
During the Mandate period, the Supreme Court operated in the Russian compound and was held by two Jewish judges, two Muslims judges, a Christian judge and a British judge.
The Israeli Supreme Court was established in September 1948, but since Jerusalem has not yet been crowned capital, it was proposed to place it in Tel Aviv or Haifa, or even Netanya as possible alternatives. In the end, it was decided to locate the Supreme Court in the Russian compound in the city until 1992, when it moved to its final location in the government compound.